2022 Microsoft and Google Ads Benchmarks
WordStream by LOCALiQ is known for its digital advertising benchmarks studies, and this year, they’re bringing us the 2022 Microsoft and Google Ads benchmarks.
- The report includes vital performance metrics for over 20 industries, key takeaways, and tips for improving your performance.
Here are direct links to the table of contents:
- Report overview
- All metrics
- Average cost per click
- Average cost per lead
- Average click-through rate
- Average conversion rate
- Overall costs
- Key takeaways
- Mobile-friendly view
This research includes benchmark statistics for search advertising in 2022 to help you better assess, manage, and maximize your campaigns and budgets. Observations on the report:
- This information was gathered from over 18K LOCALiQ customer campaigns that ran throughout the previous year and into Q1 of 2022.
- The proprietary infrastructure constantly adjusts budget across search channels on a campaign-by-campaign basis, but overall, Google Ads received 82 percent of expenditure and Microsoft received 18 percent.
- Average cost per click, average click-through rate, average cost per lead, and average conversion rate are all metrics to consider.
Here’s a table where you’ll find the average CPC, CPL, CTR and CVR for search ads across 23 different countries. (Click here to go to the main piece where you can sort this table)
[SPONSORED] [New] How to Target Best-Converting Audiences
Being able to target visitors by QUALITY and ACTIVITY is every affiliate’s dream.
The bad news: You can’t do that on most ad platforms.
The good news: You can now do that on HilltopAds!
🔥 How Will Traffic Segmentation Help Your Campaigns?
First, HilltopAds will eliminate all the bot/fake traffic.
Then, it will distribute the rest into 3 segments:
- The HIGH ACTIVITY segment contains the highest-quality traffic that will give you the best conversion rates! Your ad will be shown to an active audience that won’t waste your budget.
The best part? If a traffic source experiences a drop in quality, it is AUTOMATICALLY excluded from your campaign! Without you lifting a finger!
- The MEDIUM ACTIVITY segment contains users who have average quality and activity scores. This segment is perfect for scaling your campaign. (Some optimization may be required via blacklisting/whitelisting.)
- The LOW ACTIVITY segment contains users who are the least likely to convert, but are not bots. This will give you the maximum number of impressions at the lowest price.
Segmentation is already available for Popunder (mobile and desktop) and Video ads.
🔥 Free Bonuses!
Exclusive for STM readers, HilltopAds is offering these BONUSES for your first HIGH activity traffic test!
Deposit $100 and get $10 – STM1
Deposit $500 and get $70 – STM7
Deposit $1000 or more and get $150 – STMHTP
META-VERSE – Advertising In The Metaverse—what Agencies Need To Know 🦾 >> Read more link <<
META – Will Meta’s Ad Library Transparency Update Help Advertisers? 🔎 >> Read more link <<
NOMADS – The 16 Best Places For Digital Nomads To Live In 2022 🗻 >> Read more link <<
TIKTOK – TikTok Unveils Contextual Ad Placement Option, Guarantees They Will Be Among Top 4% Of All Videos 👍 >> Read more link <<
The more hated an alarm sound is, the better it fulfills its purpose. /u/walking_potion
Advertising Drove $7.1T In 2021 U.S. Sales
According to research issued on Wednesday by The Advertising Coalition and performed by IHS Markit, advertising generated $7.1 trillion in sales in 2021 and supported 28.5 million jobs in the United States.
The cumulative impact of advertising and its multiplier effects accounted for 18.5% of US GDP in 2020 and supported roughly one-fifth of all American jobs.
Advertising’s impact will produce $9.5 trillion in sales by 2026. This would support 31.9 million jobs in the United States.
IHS Markit’s examination of the economic impact of advertising on behalf of The Advertising Coalition is the first in seven years.
The last research showed the industry drove $5.1 trillion in consumer sales and supported 20 million U.S. jobs in 2014.
The current study examines advertising spending in the U.S. and contributions to the economy, such as advertising to stimulate sales, purchases of goods and services throughout the supply chain, and the re-spending of wages by employees in the advertising industry.
The research shows how every dollar of ad spending supported nearly $21 of sales, on average, and advertising helped generate $13.5 million of sales activity per minute.
FEATURED STM THREAD: Running Adult Traffic In UAE, Good Idea Or Not?
An interesting debate has started on the STM Forum this week. Should you run Adult traffic when you plan to spend some time in a country where Adult content isn’t really legal? Such as the UAE?
Is that a good idea in the first place? Sure, you can hide behind a VPN, but is that really safe? And what if using an “unofficial” VPN is banned too? And it doesn’t stop there… what if you plan to run FB or TikTok and just plan to do some spying… but again, using a VPN that’s technically banned?
What’s your take on this? And what do the other STMers think about this sensitive subject? Check the thread below and cast your opinion, link is below: