100 Most Important Social Media Demographics for 2022
The demographics of each social media network are unique. TikTok, for example, is mostly used by Gen Z and millennials. LinkedIn, on the other hand, is tailored to people who are looking for work.
We’ll summarise the top 100 global social media demographics, and you can dive into the main piece for a full breakdown of Facebook, Twitter, IG, Linked In, Pinterest, TikTok, Snapchat & YouTube demographics and stats–lots of stats, and, graphs.
General Social Media Demographics
- There is a digital gender gap worldwide as 54% of social media users worldwide identify as male. This gap is widest in southern Asia, where only 28% of social media users identify as female.
- The average user spends 35% of their entire time using the internet on social media.
- Globally, social media users who identify as female spend more time on social platforms than those who identify as male. In fact, females aged 16 – 24 spend the most overall time on social media (3 hours and 13 minutes a day, on average).
- With almost 3 billion global active users, Facebook is still the biggest and most popular social media platform.
- However, Facebook is not the world’s favorite social media platform. WhatsApp is—and it has won the hearts of 15.7% of social media users worldwide.
- Every month, the average internet user uses 7.5 different social platforms. In Brazil, people use the most social media platforms (an average of 8.7 platforms monthly), while people use the least number of social platforms in Japan (an average of 3.9 platforms per month).
- Almost half of global internet users say that they primarily use social media to keep in touch with family and friends. Other popular reasons include filling spare time, reading news/trending stories, and finding content. Only 17.4% of users said “supporting and connecting with good causes” was a primary reason they used social media. (Which sucks, amirite?)
[SPONSORED] How to Get €800 Off Affiliate World Europe!
Affiliate World Europe is less than 4 weeks away and they’ve just released the complete speaker line-up. See who’s coming 🔥
This is content geared towards performance marketers like STM-ers. Whether you want to learn more about building $100M ecom businesses or mastering TikTok’s sticky but tricky algorithm, their content always delivers.
For TWO action-packed days, you’ll be able to network with fellow STM Forum members IRL at booth C54 and discover campaign tactics that are usually reserved for mastermind groups. Watch your payouts skyrocket as 2022 really heats up. Save €800+ and buy tickets now.
PLUS, new for 2022:
- Six hour-long mixers to help maximize your networking around niche topics like Tiktok Ads, Facebook Ads, Email Marketing, Ecommerce, Crypto, and Native.
- Live stage panel featuring C-level execs from the biggest affiliate networks in the world like CJ Affiliate, ClickBank, MaxBounty, and more.
- The networking continues into the late night hours with Affiliate After Hours – the official networking event where affiliates go to unwind with colleagues while sipping cocktails beachside.
- Trailblazing speakers that have been sought after for their knowledge including Amin Siala of Google who’ll teach you to succeed with emerging markets for ecom and lead gen and Eric Siu who’ll show you how to generate an avalanche of SEO traffic for your crypto offers.
STM-ers get an exclusive €800 discount off public pricing 👇
(and they never discount so this is kind of a big deal)
YT – How I Made $14K In 2 Weeks Only Using Pinterest 📌 – Read more link
GAMES – 16 Business Simulation Games for Entrepreneurs 🎮 – Read more link
BOOKS – 8 Books to Help Entrepreneurs Become Strong Leaders – Read more link
CVR – How Just a 2 Percent Lift in Ecommerce Conversions Can Grow Your Company by $72,000 – Read more link
Showerthoughts – No flat-earthers seem to live near the edge. /u/Dirgonite
Tiktok Set To Surpass Combined Ad Revenues Of Twitter, Snapchat
TikTok has skyrocketed to the world’s most popular social media app with 1 billion active monthly users.
It even dethroned Google as the most popular web address in the world for the first time.
Here’s a quick ‘Dive Brief’ on TikTok’s ad revenues:
– According to Insider Intelligence, TikTok’s ad revenue is projected to triple this year to $11.64 billion, up from $3.88 billion in 2021, exceeding Twitter and Snapchat combined at $5.58 billion and $4.86 billion, respectively.
– Despite regulatory concerns over user data, the United States is expected to account for more than half of the social video app’s ad income this year, raking in nearly $6 billion.
– According to the analysis, TikTok’s global ad revenue could reach $23.58 billion by 2024, bringing it closer to YouTube’s $23.65 billion – an achievement that would put both video platforms at roughly 3% of the global digital ad market. Despite its amazing rise, TikTok still has a modest share of worldwide digital ad revenue, with Google accounting for nearly all of it.
FEATURED STM THREAD: And What’s Your Favorite PUSH Network?
Simple question, but not that easy to answer, right? We all have our favorites, but sometimes it’s nice to hear what the others think. And that was exactly what likely crossed “Rhino’s” mind when he started this thread a few days ago.
Here’s the opening question:
“I am already buying traffic from the majority of the push ad networks but I want to scale it further and I am looking to explore some more networks that I haven’t tried.
So, if someone’s buying traffic from multiple networks, can you list down your TOP 3 favorite push(traffic) networks in terms of traffic quality?”
Several members shared their opinion already… some of the most known networks were mentioned of course, but there were also some that you likely didn’t even know existed. Check the thread to see if you are missing any good ones and share your TOP3 too!