?Colts Neck, NJ, USA
MRKTRS WKLY #38
EXTREME MORNING ROUTINES OF THE ENTREPRENEUR
⚡ SHOCK the system. They say.
Well Eric Casaburi (Founder and CEO of Retro Fitness) definitely believes getting physically uncomfortable helps make better decisions when under stress.
His solution? Lay down on a bed of nails every morning.
Other interesting daily routines from successful entrepreneurs include:
- Playing the keyboard to engage the mind.
- Taking an early morning bath (sometimes at 4am).
- Reading an hour and half worth of essays and plays.
- Cooking dinner. Yup. You can never be too prepared…
? Pro Tip: for those after a more space-efficient bed of nails, check out this (literally just tried one last weekend. It’s comfortably uncomfortable.)
STRATEGY: HOW COINBASE MAKE WISE DECISIONS
“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” — Gen. George S. Patton.
Difficult decisions can be a source of stress, but they don’t have to be. In high performing organizations, they are opportunities to make rapid progress, innovate, and win.
Brian Armstrong, Co-Founder and CEO at Coinbase, has divulged their core values and framework that’s integral for the digital currency exchange to make and execute decisions effectively and efficiently.
They use this framework to decide:
- Whether to hire a candidate
- What to prioritize next in a product roadmap
- Whether to buy or sell a company
- A new name for a product or team
The three steps in the process are:
- Set the parameters: get everyone on the same page about how the decision will be made.
- Deliberate: get all the input providers & decision makers in a room to share information, and capture their votes (in multiple rounds).
- Decide: decision maker(s) make the decision. Communicate it. Memorialize it.
Plus Armstong also includes the Coinbase Decision Making Template to help walkthrough the process.
CTRL-KIT – The wristband that allows you to control a computer with your brain. ?⌚ – Read Here
ECOMMERCE – New Facebook Group Ecommerce All Stars Secrets have surveyed 500 Ecom experts about their strategies and tactics that work. Check out the insightful results in 3 sets of infographics. ?️?️ – Visit Here
ADDICTION – Apple are trying to make their design less addictive. Their new iOS12 will feature a better ‘do not disturb’ mode, silenced notifications plus insights into your phone usage in a weekly report. ?? – View More
BIDDING WAR – Facebook have expanded their support for header bidding for publishers, allowing apps to include ads from the Facebook’s Audience Network. ?? – Read More
MICRO GITHUB – Here’s the real reason why Microsoft bought Github. To develop relationships with 27 million of the world’s most valuable developers and attempt to acquire them. ?? – View Here
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
JAMES VAN ELSWYK w/ HOME OFFICE
Submit your best work/lifestyle photo or video in the MRKTRS Facebook Group ?
8 WAYS TO DEVELOP INSANE MENTAL TOUGHNESS
Mental toughness can present itself in a variety of different forms and is crucial for the entrepreneur to harness in times of uncertainty or if there’s a need to focus amidst chaos.
Tim Ferriss interviewed 100’s of high level performers across many different disciplines from Arnold Schwarzenegger to a Military General and Navy SEAL Commander plus many more.
Here’s eight key lessons from some of the toughest human beings he knows:
- Being ‘tougher’ is a decision. Start with your next decision.
- “I wasn’t there to compete. I was there to win.” Have a clear vision of where you want to go.
- Push harder, share privation, tackle fear.
- Compartmentalize fear, and put it to one side.
- Is that a dream or a goal? A goal is something you set a plan for, work toward, and achieve.
- Pain tolerance can be the force multiplier.
- Who do you surround yourself with when your ego feels threatened? Don’t rest on your laurels
- The magic of a single decision. Clear, simple, straightforward
Stay tuned for the next edition of MRKTRS WKLY.
Want to offer some feedback or submit content? Email us at [email protected]